Due to the govt COVID-19 restrictions we are unable to ship orders until the level 4 non-essential trading ban is lifted. You are still able to place an order however these cannot be sent until this happens.
Stay Safe from the Wholesale Marine Direct Team
Jetski Flushing and Wash-Down Guide
Salt-Away is excellent for removing salt from your Jetski engine and trailer, wet suits, helmets and fishing gear. It is also excellent for general clean-up and exterior salt removal from your towing vehicle.
Cleaning is extremely quick and easy using the Salt-Attack mixer unit which attaches to the flush port on your engine for engine flushing, and to a garden spray nozzle for exterior cleaning.
For first time users, we recommend the Starter Kit.
Salt-Away does 3 major jobs when used as an engine flush. It flushes out the fresh salt, it protects the inside from rusting and corroding and it begins to break down any pre-existing salt build-up.
Not only does Salt-Away kill salt but it has been carefully designed to be safely trapped within the engine’s cooling system. This allows the finest corrosion inhibitors to work their magic utilising advanced VCI technology to stop corrosion and give added protection until your next trip out to sea.
Engine Flushing Instructions – Using Salt-Away Starter Kit
- Half fill mixer cup with Salt-Away concentrate.
- Connect garden hose to mixer and other end to flush port on engine.
- Turn on water then turn mixer unit to rinse position and allow motor to run for five to 10 minutes. This allows for the thermostats to fully open so that you can get the full flow of fresh water through the motor.
- Next turn the mixer to Salt-Away. You will notice the exhaust will start to foam, allow a further 30 seconds, then turn the mixer to off, give a quick blast of throttle then turn engine off. This allows the Salt-Away dilution to stay in the water jackets and continue working on breaking down and removing any salt while providing continued protection.
Always flush your engine according to the manufacturer’s instructions. When hot flushing your engine, never leave the engine running unattended.
Jetski Trailer & Accessories Wash-down
After you have flushed your engine, use the remainder of the Salt-Away concentrate in the mixer unit, to clean your Jetski and trailer. (When the auto-mixing cup is clear in colour the Salt-Away is all used up).
- Attach the mixer to a garden spray nozzle.
- Turn the mixer to the ‘rinse’ setting and give the boat and trailer a quick pre-rinse.
- Turn the mixer to Salt-Away and spray a light coating of Salt-Away over these areas and remember not to forget the inside of the trailer walls. Lightly scrub any areas that have road film and fish grime.
- Finally turn the mixer to rinse and with a heavy spray rinse down all areas. For extra protection to metal surfaces turn mixer to Salt-Away and recoat all metal areas such as alloy boats, trailer and trailer brakes.
Salt-Away is excellent for general clean-up and exterior salt removal from your towing vehicle.
Tip: For easy clean of trailers, attach the mixer to a rotating garden sprinkler placed underneath the trailer.