Due to the govt COVID-19 restrictions we are unable to ship orders until the level 4 non-essential trading ban is lifted. You are still able to place an order however these cannot be sent until this happens.
Stay Safe from the Wholesale Marine Direct Team
Protecting Your Yacht
Engine Protection for Inboards and Auxiliary engines
There are TWO different ways you can flush Salt-Away through your inboard engine:
Auxiliary engines may be flushed in a flush bag filled with Salt-Away solution.
Direct Injection Kit
The Salt-Attack Direct Injection Kit is designed for all moored Yachts with inboard/outboard motors to flush and protect your expensive marine engines without leaving the helm.
Salt-Away’s unique formula protects your engine’s cooling system even when using salt water
It protects all open and closed circuit salt water cooling systems by injecting a 50/50 mixture of Salt-Away and fresh water.
There are a number of different kit options available to suit your yachts set up, ranging from a single engine flush right up to twin engines and a gen sets plus air conditioning flush. We can also customise your kits to fit your exact set up.
The Salt-Attack Direct Injection Kit comes ready to install with wiring, tubing, quick connect fittings, designed to be drilled and tap into water strainer/water pump. Comes with easy to follow instruction manual.
The kit comes in two versions, wireless and non-wireless. Wireless model allows for easy installation and use as no wiring is needed forward of the motor as you control the unit remotely using the remote control supplied. Non-wireless kits come with 3 core wire and a rocker switch to be mounted at the helm.
The Salt-Attack Direct Injection Kit will connect to 12V power, and has an adjustable regulating valve. Once installed all you need to do is keep the reservoir topped up with Salt-Away concentrate and flush your engine for 30 seconds after every use.
A Direct Injection Kit will save you time and maintenance costs on your yachts motor(s).
Fresh water hose connected to water in-take line using Salt-Away Auto-Mix unit
- Attach a fresh water hose to the Salt-Attack mixer then connect hose and mixer to the engine cooling in-take pipe (before the water pump).
- Fill mixer cup with Salt-Away.
- Turn mixer unit to “rinse” setting and flush engine with fresh water for 5 minutes.
- Turn Salt-Attack mixer unit to “Salt-Away” setting and flush motor for 30-40 seconds. Turn engine off leaving the Salt-Away in the engine’s cooling system to protect the motor.
Exterior Wash-down – Yachts and Tenders
Don’t let salt corrosion damage your valuable yacht and tenders. Salt-Away is perfect for protecting your expensive toys from the corrosive action of salt.
Salt-Away’s unique formula includes specially designed GOR-TEX corrosion inhibitors which continue to protect against corrosion after application. Salt-Away is safe on all surfaces including all metals, plastics, rubbers, fiberglass, fabric, vinyl and other materials.
Simply use Salt-Away in our mixer unit which attaches to a garden hose for easy wash down.
- Fill mixer cup with Salt-Away.
- Attach the mixer to a garden spray nozzle.
- Turn the mixer to the ‘rinse’ setting and give salt covered surfaces a quick pre-rinse.
- Turn the mixer to ‘Salt-Away’ and spray a light coating of Salt-Away over these areas. Lightly scrub any areas that have fish grime etc
- Finally turn the mixer to ‘rinse’ and with a heavy spray rinse down all areas. For extra protection to metal surfaces turn mixer to ‘Salt-Away’ and recoat all metal areas such as winches, sails, capstans and chain and rope lockers. Don’t rinse off.
Salt-Away is safe on all wiring and electrical equipment.
- Pour 25ml Salt-Away concentrate into salt water toilets. Kills salt odours and removes blockages.
- Spraying off your sails and your sail covers will remove those salt crystals which eventually cut the threads causing expensive items to be replaced. Salt-Away will not deteriorate the fabric of your sails.
- Spraying Salt-Away on the glass panels will cause the salt to ‘sheet off’, which eliminates the danger of grinding the salt into the panel when hand-washing.
Flush Bag For auxiliary engines
Flush auxiliary engines in a flush bag filled with Salt-Away solution for 5mins. The Salt-Away solution can be reused for a couple of months if kept sealed.